Regarding the integration between SAP Ariba Sourcing and SAP ECC; it was already possible to create purchase orders or outline agreements from SAP ECC RFQ’s. For sourcing events originating in SAP Ariba this functionality was not facilitated.
In Q3 2016 this new integration between SAP Ariba Sourcing and SAP ECC is provided.
Some of the benefits of the SAP Ariba Award Integration are:
- Reducing duplicate data entry
- Allow the sourcing professional to determine the best way to source the spend
- Eliminating custom development for integration between SAP Ariba and SAP ECC
This new feature is available to all SAP Ariba Contract Management Pro customers. System and software pre-requisites are:
- Upgrade PI Adapter to CI7
- Install CI7 Release SAP Transport of Ariba Procurement Adapter for SAP
- SAP ERP 6.0 EhP4 or Higher
A sourcing event can be created directly in SAP Ariba or from a sourcing request in SAP ECC. In the overview screen you can see the origin of the created sourcing event together with the external system information.
When the sourcing event has been conducted, the winning suppliers can be awarded. These awards can be sent to SAP ECC to create an outline agreement or a purchase order.
Would you like to know more about integrating SAP Ariba with SAP ECC? Please contact Compera for more information.