Sourcing & Procurement
SAP S/4HANA is SAP’s next generation Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system. If you are an SAP ERP customer you will likely move to SAP S/4HANA anytime between now and a couple of years.
Compera is expert in the SAP S/4HANA modules Sourcing & Procurement.
The user experience of operational purchasing within SAP S/4HANA is fully supported by SAP Fiori apps (see picture below), so that everyone can independently search for and request goods or services or even order directly. SAP S/4HANA also supports cross catalog search, whereby all catalogs can be searched simultaneously. Catalog content can be loaded directly into SAP S/4HANA. SAP S/4HANA also contains the Central Procurement functionality, whereby SAP S/4HANA can be centrally positioned above multiple back-end systems. This actually replaces the SAP SRM positioning, where SAP SRM provides this functionality.
The operational purchasing in SAP S/4HANA can also be optimized by adding SAP Ariba solutions. This includes amongst others Guided Buying, digital communication with suppliers via the Ariba Network, Sourcing and Contract Management. Read more about this on our landing page about this topic.
Another way to improve the purchasing processes in SAP S/4HANA is by the solutions offered by BeNeering. BeNeering delivers a cloud platform with applications for catalogs, cross catalog search, spot buy, quick quotes and the like. Read more about this on our landing page on this topic.
INVENTORY AND BASIC INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
SAP S/4HANA provides support for manufacturing, sales and purchasing processes with basic applications for inventory and warehouse management. Analysis also offer the possibility to optimize the warehouse and achieve the following benefits, among others:
- Certainty that goods are available at the right time;
- Process orders and deliver sales orders faster and more efficiently;
- Perform fewer manual operations due to the use of MRP planning.
With S/4HANA Supplier Management, businesses can reduce costs, increase savings opportunities, and improve sourcing efficiency, leading to:
- Less risk of delivery due to continuous monitoring of supplier relationships and the goods or services that suppliers deliver;
- Being able to classify suppliers better to define or monitor sourcing strategies;
- Better identification and management of suppliers through thorough evaluation of supplier data.
SOURCING AND CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
SAP S / 4HANA helps companies to perform better sourcing and contract management processes from one central platform through:
- A more automated supplier allocation;
- Decision support for manual supplier allocation;
- Better management of contracts, purchase history, quotes, sourcing lists, etc.
- Active monitoring of contracts for consumption and validity.
INVOICE AND PAYABLES MANAGEMENT
SAP S/4HANA helps companies integrate management of invoice processing and accounts payable across collecting, checking, and verifying invoices and handling exceptions, leading to:
- Streamlined invoice management process from superior data extraction automation;
- Eliminated data entry errors and duplicate invoices;
- Better overall cash management –from invoice data to liquidity planning.
Another key aspect of the procurement solutions in S/4HANA is Analytics. Leveraging the power of HANA, SAP S/4HANA delivers real-time calculations of KPI’s to analyse managed and non-managed spend, contracts, and suppliers. Purchasers get role-based and quick access to procurement information.
Implementing SAP S/4HANA
Compera uses the SAP Activate methodology to speed up the SAP S/4HANA deployment. It is a proven innovation adoption framework that combines best practices, agile methodology, and guided configuration for implementing SAP S/4HANA.
Included with SAP Activate is a reference solution – a ready-to-run instance of SAP S/4HANA that includes selected business processes pre-configured with sample data. This is a great enabler to quickly get going with S/4HANA, in the cloud or on-premise.
Would you like to explore the possibilities for your company, or do you have any questions?
Please do contact us via the contact form below.